Well, it's been a busy and tiring week.... a camping week...
Started a Monday with a camp for Pioneer Primary School at Pasir Ris... took charge of a bunch of Primary 5 kids... and went on to "babysit" this group... To be honest, I took some time to settle in to such "fun" camps given my long history of regimental camps with NPCC and NS... so I may have been a little hard on the Pri 5 kids... but well, they sure exasperated me... I can tell them to walk in 2 straight lines and they are repeating after me, and continuing with their unruly crooked lines... It was rather fun, but I hardly got to sleep on the 1st night as I was on sentry duty... slept for only 1 hour... To be honest, I did feel disheartened by some of the comments that Ziming made about the way I handled the Primary 5 kids... but fortunately, Edmund and my group partner (a lady...) they pushed me on with more positive words... I did not know that I was handling the worst class of the cohort until my partner told me... In a way, she felt I did my best, and yeah... under her guidance as an experienced instructor that does give me some consolation for otherwise a camp that I bungled....
My 2nd camp, which began on Friday to today... it was very much more enjoyable... I was handling the camp for Secondary 3 students from Pasir Ris Secondary... I got a very sporting group... very proactive and yeah.. I relaxed a lot on the regimentation (learning from mistakes...) and let them run the show... but am on hand to guide the group along... I'm partnered with another new instructor... thus it's somewhat like "a newbie guiding a newbie"... but I think I did pretty well as a newbie this time... moreover with me in mroe of a driving seat... This group are also a bunch of jokers... We can talk cock all day and night, and well... the team spirit is there along with their enthusiasm... that made me motivated to do my best for them... I enjoyed my time with these group definitely.... and this time, Ziming has more positive things to say about me... apart from adjusting my tone... but I think that'll take a long time to change... as my tone of enthusiasm and tone of seriousness are similar... well... but other than a few times that I went hard at the cohort after lights-out... I never really raised my voice at the group for indiscipline... and that is good news... the morale is high almost everytime... and basically we're kinda close... When they asked me for my contacts, I became hesitant as I was told not to divulge my contact details to the campers by my employers... but they were persistant and I gave in by divulging my email address.... to be honest, I'd love to keep in touch with this group... they sure were fun... and the title you see above is what they sang for me... sweet of them yea?? and there're some babes in the group lor... heheh... too bad they're too young for me... I don't mind having them as my meimeis... hahaha... but back to the work, other than a few minor disagreements, everything went well in work...very organised as opposed to my previous camp... I'll rate myself well for this camp, and I think I managed to silence the critics with this showing... Thanks to Edmund again yea... He's been a great pal for me...
Well, fun comes with a price, and that is sunburn... I got myself sunburnt real bad and I'm kinda "chao-tar" now... Looks more like a Malay than a Chinese... well, I don't care... I'm more focused on working on my schoolwork and my coming exams with Edmund... my role as a Logistics Officer with the SIM Floorball Club, and my role as Leader of F.R.E.E. ... I doubt I'll be handling anymroe camps in the short while... need time to replenish my spent energy and voice...
"I say Phillip, you say 帅.... Phillip...!! 帅!! Phillip...!! 帅!!...." That's the nicest thing I heard for the week I guess...
- Phil -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home