Nothing stops the rain...

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's been a long while...>


It's been a long while since I last updated this blog... Time I do my fair bit of updating...

As for my life, I'm now back with Petredec working as an Accounts Clerk again on a 3 month contract subject to an extension. I've also skipped my exams for this year given that I need some time to sort out my messy private life. Finally my life's getting back in order.... more discipline, more routine and responsiblities... my life becomes more fulfilling...

Prior to my return to Petredec, I was working as a freelance camp instructor for Rocky and RACE. I took a group of Secondary Ones from Ping Yi Secondary for their Orientation Camp.... It's been a long while since I did camps, so I try to adapt and at the same time instill some fun... I have to admit that I could have done better though, but credit to the Student Leaders attached to my group for helping me out.

Here's their picture, my group for Ping Yi Secondary...



















My second camp was a residential camp with Clementi Town Secondary School (Ironically the alma mater of 1 of my ex-girlfriends...). I have to admit that it was much more challenging as I was handling a group of Secondary 2 students. They are more sporting and game to try things and of course, I realised I can gel in better with them. I felt that I performed much better in this camp, that even Ziming heard nice reviews about me from the other camp instructors who worked with me for this camp. But this camp was probably my swansong... as I received the offer to return to Petredec during this camp, and I duly accepted it.

Here's the picture of part of my group from Clementi Town Secondary...















During the camp, I got an unexpected call from a reporter from the Sunday Times asking me for an interview on sgRacer and Team F.R.E.E. which I duly obliged... It seems that my efforts at building this Team from nothing has finally paid off... With the article's publication, it has catapulted Team F.R.E.E.'s reputation to another level, probably in the level of the marque Teams like Team NY3OC and Team SAD. I also found myself getting a lot of attention playing the game, which in turn puts a lot of pressure for me to play up to "my reputation". Since then, I've tried to play the game at more secluded spots to avoid getting noticed, but it's not successful always... Either way, my proudest moment for 2006 as yet... You can click on the link below to read this article.... courtesy of a fellow IDAS racer nicked Soran...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/SoranPryde/IDarticle.jpg


Well, Chinese New year's been good... got quite a substantial amount of ang pows, the bulk coming from my colleague and bosses at Petredec. Chinese New Year was made slightly more interesting with the company of friends, in particular Marcus...

















These are pictures taken at Marcus' place on 2 occasions... You can see what a fun time we all had for CNY....

Well, the gambling bit was fun... I can gladly say I managed to break even... although I could have won, but a bold gamble in Mahjong by me backfired and wiped out my entire winnings... but well, let everybody have fun and laughs... that's something money can never buy...

But in my personal relationship life, it's been the same lonely self... I keep telling people that I want to stay single and that I have a huge misgiving towards the ladies, but deep down I hope there is somebody who is willing to take me as I am and care for me... and to help me reach heights that I have never achieved with her... I don't know... maybe the right one is not here yet, or it could be karma from all the wicked things I have done in the past... But I'm already leading quite a fruitful life now... much better than this time last year... and I have no complaints...

Ok... tiem for me to leave with a parting shot.... a picture of my IDAS conquest in Bishan
Funland ...




I'm top in Tsuchisaka Inbound in Bishan... though the timing seems noob-ish... but I'm on my way to the top, and improving yea... Let's see....

- Phil -

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com