Nothing stops the rain...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Icy Street>

Being out in the icy street, I’m feeling cold and chilly
No fire to get warmth from, and no food to fill tummy.
Nobody around even for me to do my begging.
I just stood there looking around aimlessly.

Just how do I find that spark to get a fire going?
I’ve got no ignitor, I’ve got no tinder. Let’s face the harsh reality.
Without those starts, it’s impossible to build on anything
Now you’ve got a glimpse of how messy this life has been.

Without the fire, there ain’t any warmth.
Without that fire, there’ll be ain’t energy.
Maybe that’s just as well, I won’t get scalded or burnt.
When I get cozy, ask too much. I’ll probably hurt myself much.

Here’s my question to you, do you feel the fire?
Do you feel the zest and the drive in you? You probably do.
Because you had this warm heart shaped thing which you preached you share.
You can’t see it, you can only feel it. You called that thing “love”.

I’ve never felt it, I’ve only heard of it.
How’s its shape like? How’s it feel like? How warm is it?
Everytime I tried to feel it, a downpour comes.
Then “love” melts away, and from there it’s back to square one.

Now don’t you all come pitying me for I know this is karma upon me.
I did one to much evil deeds, now I’m paying heavily for it.
God took love away from me. People shielded theirs from me.
If this is how the world has changed for me, I guess I’ve had enough of it.

People said the world does change, so why it stays this way for me?
I yearn to return to the ballroom for the waltz of love and be loved.
But I’m just being kept out, seeing my friends all enjoying their dance.
I guess this is it. I’m more or less resigned to fate.

I know I can’t dance this waltz well. No teacher nor manuals can help me.
I’ll just stand outside the ballroom looking enviously at my buddies and friends,
All dancing merrily while I stand out alone in this same icy street.
braving the chills and loneliness this neverending winter brings.

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com